Tuesday, July 5, 2011

America!



Fourth of July always reminds me of my dad... John Wayne's "Tribute to America" was always played and for some reason I'm thinking blueberry pancakes were eaten!

Also, I just saw this on my friend, Jenae's, Facebook:

And I'm proud to be an American,
Where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
Who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

I remember we just moved to Provo and I went to Provost Elementary School... we sang that song and the choir teacher asked all the kids who were born in the USA to raise their hands. I felt so left out. :( Ha ha!

Anyway, Hope everyone had a fun Fourth of July! Jimmy and I cleaned at the SLC Temple for 4 hours, drove down to Orem to hang out with family, watched fireworks, and came home about 10:45? I don't remember, but Jae didn't go to sleep until at least after 10. He woke up crying this morning around 6 and I couldn't get back to sleep! At least Jae and Jimmy are still sleeping... lookin' forward to my nap when they wake up! :)

No comments: