Monday, March 5, 2012

Spring Break in Philly

So, we went to MD for some of Spring Break and then to Philly.  Grandma & Grandpa watched the boys while Jimmy, Ben, and I went to Philadelphia for a few hours.

Independence Hall... I think... O.o 

A quote I liked:

The courtroom:

Something significant about this painting, yadda yadda...
(you can tell I love history, right?)

Aesthetically pleasing! I love the architecture!


So, on the tables back there, they had some bifocals, a cane, and some books from those days. 
(I also like to listen to historical facts.)

Books from those days:
 

a can from those days:

bifocals from those days:

Unknown soldiers monument:


Independence Hall is behind us, I believe...

The Liberty Bell Museum:

Go Korea!

Just in case you wanted to know that we actually saw the Liberty Bell... well, here she is!:

OK, so here is a better shot. (And don't ask why I'm leaning!)

In Philadelphia, people like to drive with their backpacks hanging out of their vehicles:

The moment I was waiting for! CHEESESTEAKS! These two places, Pat's and Geno's, claim that they are the first original cheesesteak sandwich makers.

Geno's (bread was yummy):

Pat's (steak was better):

Overall, it was a very cold and quick trip! Next time we go, hopefully it will be warmer than 43 degrees. Jimmy and Ben just had hoodies. I had my coat and was STILL freezing!

No comments: