Wednesday, November 23, 2011

National Mall

We left the kids at Grandma & Grandpa's and walked around the National Mall. I am so out of shape and have short legs, that I was tired by the time we got to our second stop!

World War II Memorial
 

The Lincoln Memorial



The Reflection Pool was under construction, so that was a little disappointing!

Korean War Memorial



Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
This was just dedicated Aug. 28, 2011



Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial


Thomas Jefferson Memorial


This is the view I saw 95.8342% of the time because I couldn't keep up with everyone! Ivan, Ben, Camille (center), Jimmy (right):

The Smithsonian 
(where we got lunch because we were all starving and cafeteria food isn't very good no matter where you eat it)

The Natural History Museum


McDonald's "food truck" (Yeah, def NOT part of the Nat'l Mall, but I am playing tourist, remember)?

Air & Space Museum


The Capitol Building
(There's that familiar view again)


Columbus statue and I didn't see what this bell was.. wow, I'm so educated. I don't care, I was SUPER tired of walking! Camille mapped it out and it was about 7 miles. I am OUT of shape!


2 comments:

penga said...

Ooh...someday I must visit the capital! Esp the museums, looks amazing!

Melissa Meade said...

Oh sweetie, if you are out of shape then there is no hope for me!! LOL!!!