Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Jae's ER Visit 11.9.11

I was getting dinner ready and Jae was in the kitchen with me. I don't even know how it happened, but I was telling him to move so I could shut the fridge. He just stood there and acted weird. He put his hand in the doorway of the fridge and I told him to move it and he wouldn't. He's usually good at obeying, so I wondered what was going on.  I moved his hand, shut the fridge, and when I looked down, I noticed blood pooling on the top of his foot. Something underneath the fridge sliced his foot open. It was disgusting!  Jimmy didn't think we needed to take him in, but I was pretty sure a big, gaping cut in Jae's foot was a sign we should go in.  It gushed blood for the first few minutes, but was OK when we got to the hospital.  This picture hardly shows the severity of it:






He was seen and after about 2 hours he got 3 stitches. He only cried a little bit and was a champ the whole time. The nurse gave him 3 sets of stickers and we put them on his Thomas PJ pants while we waited for D/C papers.




As we were waiting for D/C papers, Jae said he wanted "choclate" milk.  So, I got him chocolate milk when I picked up the Bacitracin for his laceration.

1 comment:

penga said...

Ahh poor jae! Glad hes alright though and it wasnt too traumatic for him!