Saturday, July 7, 2012

Jae turns 3

We are all under the weather, minus Jimmy, so we tried to make Jae's birthday fun. When Jae woke up, he said that he wanted to go to the park. I think he saw his shovel and rake in the toy bin and decided that that's what he wanted to do. It was a fabulous idea! So, Jimmy took Jae to the park while Joey and I stayed home and made breakfast. Well, I tried. I peeled the potatoes for hashbrowns and I made caramel syrup for our French toast that was in the freezer from when Jimmy made it earlier this week.

Jae enjoying the park:

It looked like such a beautiful morning!

So, they got home and we had breakfast and then went to campus for a Saturday's Market type thing. We walked around the different booths and spent a couple dollars at our friend's Japanese Relief for Sendai booth. We got Jae a water balloon yo-yo and I got a bookmark. I wished I had looked around more, but I failed. Ha.. it was so hot. :(

Jimmy wanted a caricature of Jae done, so we did that for his present.



We got home, had pizza, and then napped.

After we woke, Jae wanted to glue:

And eat a tuptake.

He started with 3 Junior Mints on his cupcake.
He ate those.
Then he licked some frosting.
Then he added 2 more Junior Mints.
Then he licked the rest of the frosting.
Then he asked for more.
I said, "no."

Here is a really long, maybe boring video of Jae opening presents. The best part is 2:36-2:39. And, also a shout out to G&G Roberts at the end!  Thank you for the gifts!

2 comments:

The Jones Fam. said...

Happy Birthday to Jae!! You always look like you are having so much fun. Hope that everyone is feeling better!!

Lindsey said...

Cute! Happy birthday to the funniest 3 year old alive. :) Glad he was able to enjoy his tuptake. :)